Some APPLE Watch Manuals PDF are above the page.
The main points of difference Series 2 from Series 1
1. Screen brightness In the Apple Watch of the 2nd generation, the screen became two times brighter - 1000 nits versus 450 in Series 1. The display resolution did not change.
2. Protection against water. Series 2 can be immersed in water to a depth of 50 meters and nothing will happen to them. The very first model could only withstand spray.
3. Dual core processor Everything should work even faster!
4. GPS Apple has equipped the second Watch GPS module - now you can track the distance traveled directly on the clock.
5. Slight increase in battery capacity. Most likely, this is due to the advent of GPS. It consumes some additional energy, and in order for the second generation of watches to work no less than the previous one, the battery had to be slightly increased.
As you can see, on the one hand, the changes are not very significant. And on the other ... in my opinion, protection against water and GPS are very useful things that perfectly complement the image of a sports watch.
Which Watch to choose - first, second or third generation
It would seem that now we should have a choice from Series 1, 2 and 3. But the company earns money, so after the release of the 3rd generation only Apple Watch 1 and 3 were left for sale. The release of the second model was discontinued. So, we will choose between the first and third versions:
Series 1 is worth buying if you need a watch as a kind of companion for your iPhone and nothing else. Receive notifications, watch time, manage music - the first generation of Watch does an excellent job with all these and many other functions.
Series 3 is more “pro sport”. GPS, full moisture protection, barometric altimeter - useful helpers during training.